Finance is the backbone of any business. It is strategic to our understanding of how we run the business, how it compares to other SaaS companies and investor discussions.
About the Role
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze every day financial activities and ensure that the company is adhering to the appropriate accounting standards and strong financial practices. You should provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans based on your analysis.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions to meet the company’s objectives.
It is an opportunity to work with a fast growing company, to set up the finance function from scratch. To top it all you will be directly working & learning from leaders who have been part of Morgan Stanley, Uber, Google & Freshworks.
- Execute daily activities related to ledger entries, reconciliations (bank, payables, receivables)
- Reconcile bookings, revenue, and collections as per SaaS accounting standards that are generally acceptable
- Review monthly balance sheet, P&L, and cash-flow statements prepared by accounting firms
- Track the actual metrics against the plan and recommend actions
- Report monthly MIS reports to investors
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Establish, observe, iterate and implement internal accounting controls related to payments, reimbursements, refunds, approvals and exceptions as they rise
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
Good to Have
- Prior experience working as a finance manager
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, FreshTeam, Greytip or Keka
- Educational background in business, marketing, finance or accounting from a reputed college
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably as a finance personnel at a startup
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong analytical abilities to explain numbers, trends, and correlations
- Good English communication and articulation
- Customer-centric mindset in treating every internal or external request as though it is from a customer
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
Wingman is on a mission to make sales conversations better for sales and revenue teams everywhere. 🚀
We use the power of AI to analyze sales calls and emails, identify trends and give insights that helps companies:
- Understand the voice of customers at scale
- Improve their sales processes
- Provide personalized, data-backed and real-time sales coaching
Our customers are mostly sales teams of tech companies based in the US.
Wingman was founded in 2018 by Shruti, Murali and Srikar who have 10+ years of experience each in the tech and business worlds. We are part of the prestigious YCombinator accelerator in Silicon Valley (S19) and have since raised $2.3M in capital.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying